America is built on legal family based immigration. We help you determine the benefits you qualify for, & walk you through the entire process.

Supporting Families. Protecting Kids.


Opening Doors International Services is
a Department of Justice recognized agency
that has been providing
professional help and
humanitarian services for
familes and individuals
in North Texas 
since 2003.
Our Legal Team

Our team is made up of a group of caring individuals that are experienced specialists in  immigration law. DOJ accredited representatives, staff attorney, and pro bono attorneys who are part of our Counsel Who Care program, work together to ensure you receive the attention, caring and superior representation you deserve.

DOJ Recognized Since 2003

Opening Doors is a Department of Justice (DoJ)

 Office of Legal Access Programs (OLAP) Recognized Agency, so you will receive legal advice that you can trust.  The only people legally able to provide immigration assistance are Attorneys or DoJ Accredited Representatives working for a DoJ Recognized Agency.

Adjustment of Status


This is the second step to becoming a Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) in the USA. In order to file this application to adjust status to LPR, you must be legally in the US and have a qualifying relative to petition for you. We will assist you in determining eligibility, and will handle all filings on your behalf.


If you are already an LPR, you should have an I-551 card (also known as a Permanent Resident Card, or Green Card), which will have your photo and immigration case number ("A" Number) on it. If you are over 18, you are required to carry the card with you.


Since 1989, all LPR cards issued expire in 10 years. Although your LPR status is not expiring, you do need to apply for a new card. If you are a conditional resident, your card expires 2 years after issuance, and you will need to take additional action to retain your status.



There are several processes involved in becoming a US citizen.  Citizenship can be achieved through naturalization, acquisition, and derivation, and each has its own set of rules and regulations. 


Opening Doors will help you through the complex process.  Once your petition has been approved, you will need to be prepared for the Citizenship interview and test required by the USCIS. Opening Doors offers Citizenship and English as a Second Language to prepare you for your interview.


Special Juvenile Visas


Some unaccompanied children may be eligible for Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS). SIJS allows children who have bee declared dependent on a state juvenile court and for who them court determines that it would not be in the children's best interest to be returned to their home country and be reunited wiht parents due to abuse, abandonment, or neglect to apply  for legal residency.


Many of these kids are desperate and without hope. Through our Kids Koalition we visit detention centers, and consult with guardians to find the best solution for each child. We then work with pro-bono and low-bono family attorneys in family court, and file the initial immigration court petitions. Donations are greatly needed to support these services!



Deferred Action for

Childhood Arrivals

On June 15, 2012, the Secretary of Homeland Security announced that certain people who were brought to the United States as children "without inspection" and undocumented through no fault of their own and who meet several key guidelines, may request consideration of deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal, and would then be eligible for work authorization.

Immigration Options for Victims of Crimes


U.S. Law provides special protections for immigrants who have been victims of a crime, regardless of their legal status. Among these protections are special visas for victims of Human Trafficking (T-Visa) or victims of any crime from a defined list (U-Visa), and those defined by the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) for victims of Domestic Violence 


Self Petitions in accordance with the Violence Against Women Act require the Survivor meet certain criteria. Please schedule an appointment to find out if you qualify.

Due to the sensitive nature of this process, we require that the Survivor be in a shelter and be receiving counseling and to be referred to our agency by either the shelter, law enforcement, or another legal agency.

If you would like to donate to support a Survivor, please designate a gift here:


Consular Processing


ODIS offers advice and case preparation of petitions and applications to obtain lawful permanent residency visas to be processed at a Consulate outside the U.S. Family members who may need our help with consular processing include:

- Parents, spouses and children of Legal Permanent Residents;


- American citizens’ or Legal Residents’ family members who may have come to the U.S. without a visa;


- Brothers, sisters and adult or married sons or daughters of American citizens.


Fiancée / Fiancé Visa


If you are a US citizen you may also qualify for a temporary visa for your fiancé who is living abroad.  This marriage must take place here in the U.S. within the 90 days that the temporary visa is granted.  Once the marriage has been established, adjustment of status must be filed with the district immigration


There is also a visa in which US citizens can bring their family to the US while they wait for their adjustment of status application to be determined.

Opening Doors International Services, Inc. and our team of DoJ Accredited Representatives provide legal knowledge of immigration law and represent families before United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Immigration Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Department of State (DHS) in the following areas:

Family Petitions


Immigration Law is very complex and

extensive and this includes family



To determine your eligibility to

petition for a family member, one of

our counselors - a qualified accredited

immigration professional - will thoroughly

review each individual situation.


We then handle the processing and

filing of all required applications with the

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services,

the State Department, and the United States Embassy,

whichever has jurisdiction of the case, whether the beneficiaries live in the U.S or abroad.