top of page

Adjustment of Status

This is the second step to becoming a Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) in the U.S. In order to file this application to adjust your status to LPR, you must be in the U.S. and have a qualifying relative to petition for you. We will assist you in determining eligibility and will handle all filings on your behalf.


If you are already an LPR, you should have an I-551 card (also known as a Permanent Resident Card or Green Card), which will have your photo and immigration case number ("A" Number) on it. If you are over 18, you are required to carry the card with you.


Since 1989, all LPR cards issued expire in 10 years. Although your LPR status is not expiring, you do need to apply for a new card. If you are a conditional resident, your card expires 2 years after issuance, and you will need to take additional action to retain your status.

Schedule a Consultation
DACA story marriage 2.jpeg
bottom of page